Heater Pro Curve Baseball Pitching Machine
Heater Pro Curve Specifications
- Throws Breaking Pitches – The Heater Pro Curve is unique in that it is one of a handful of single-wheel pitching machines that can throw breaking pitches. Set your machine up to throw curveballs, sliders, fastballs, and more.
- Innovative Pivot-Head Design – The reason the Pro Curve can throw breaking pitches is due to the pivot-head. The pivot head can be tilted to the left or right to simulate left-handed and right-handed breaking pitches.
- Pitches Real Baseballs – The machine is designed to pitch real baseballs. Make sure you are using relatively nice leather baseballs when using the machine. Water-logged or beat up baseballs will not work as effectively with the machine. The machine can also use dimpled baseballs, leather pitching machine baseballs, and other practice balls.
- Throws up to 52 MPH – The machine will throw real leather baseballs up to 52 MPH!
- 1/4 Horsepower Motor – The Pro Curve comes with a ¼ HP Motor which gives it the strength to throw pitches at high speeds.
- Carrying Handle – The Pro Curve comes with a carrying handle on the top of the head of the pitching machine. The handle makes it easy to move the machine on and off the field.
- Pitch Height Adjustment – The machine head tilts to the left and right enabling you to throw breaking pitches, but it also tilts forward and backwards to control where in the strike zone you want the next pitch.
- Perfect for Fielding Exercises – The machine head can be tilted forwards to throw ground balls and backwards to throw pop flies. You will be able to put your kid(s) or team through fielding drills to get them ready for game action.
- Enclosed Wheel – At Heater Sports, safety is the #1 priority. All Heater Pitching Machines come with an enclosed wheel to ensure the safety of kids and the parents/coaches feeding the pitching machine. Many other brands of pitching machines offer machines with the wheel exposed, increasing the risk of getting your fingers or hand stuck in the wheel of the machine. The enclosure will also protect the wheel from line drives hit back at the machine. The enclosure is made from steel.
- Variable Speed Control Dial – The Pro Curve has ten settings marked 0 through 10. The speed control dial makes it easy to determine the exact speed you are looking to throw the next pitch. We have the different speed settings marked below.
- Durable Rubber Wheel – The machine comes with an 8” Rubber Wheel. The rubber wheel is designed to throw real leather baseballs accurately.
- Galvanized Steel Legs – All three tripod legs are made from galvanized steel.
- Rubber Casings on “Feet” – Rubber casings on the bottom of the “feet” of the pitching machine will provide further stability on most surfaces.
- Runs off AC Power – The machine runs off 110/120V AC Power.
- Comes with Automatic Ball Feeder – The machine comes standard with an automatic ball feeder.
- Built-in Machine Harness – The built-in machine harness allows you to pair up the pitching machine with any of Heater’s Batting Cages. The machine will attach to the outside of the batting cage, protecting the machine and the adult feeding the machine.
Heater Ball Feeder Details
- Steel Frame Construction – The ball feeder is built with a heavy-duty steel frame construction. This ensures the longevity of the ball feeder, allowing it to withstand the wear and tear.
- Easy Connection – The ball feeder connects to the ball chute with a quick attachment.
- Pitches every 9 Seconds – When the ball feeder is turned on it will shoot a pitch every 9 seconds. The ball feeder can be turned off at any point if you are looking to give instruction to the batter.
- Compact & Lightweight – The feeder is lightweight and easy to transport. It is easy to remove from the machine.
- Holds 12 Baseballs
- Solo Batting Practice – The ball feeder allows for ballplayers to practice their skills solo. With the ball feeder you do not need someone to feed the machine. The feeder will do that for you.
Heater Real Pitching Machine FAQ
Q: Can you use the machine for fielding exercises?
A: The Heater Real works great for fielding exercises. It will throw groundballs and pop flies. To throw groundballs or pop flies, simply twist the pitch height adjustment knob to get to your desired setting.
Q: Does the pitching machine throw softballs?
A: The Pro Curve does not have the ability to throw softballs. It will only throw baseballs. The Heater Softball and the Heater Combo Pitching Machine are two of the options we have available that throw 11” and 12” softballs.
Q: Is there a pitching machine cover that works with the machine?
A: There is no cover specifically designed for the Heater Pro Curve. We recommend using a tarp or BBQ grill cover.
Q: Which way do you tilt the machine head to throw breaking pitches?
A: The machine can be tilted to the right or left to throw breaking pitches. Tilting the machine to the right will simulate hitting a breaking ball off a right-handed pitcher and a left-handed pitcher if tilted to the left. You will want to make sure you throw a couple of test pitches before you put a hitter in the batter’s box when trying to throw breaking pitches.
Q: Is there a battery or generator designed for the machine?
A: There is no battery designed to be used with the machine. We recommend using a 600-watt (or greater) generator. The generator will allow you to use your pitching machine anywhere you go. Generators can be found at your local appliance store.
Heater Speed Control Dials
- Knob Setting 0 – Machine is turned off, wheel will no longer be spinning.
- Knob Setting 1 – Wheel will have a light spin. Not enough power to reach home plate.
- Knob Setting 2 – Speed will be around 18 MPH.
- Knob Setting 3 – Speed will be around 22 MPH.
- Knob Setting 4 – Speed will be around 26 MPH.
- Knob Setting 5 – Speed will be around 30 MPH.
- Knob Setting 6 – Speed will be around 34 MPH.
- Knob Setting 7 – Speed will be around 38 MPH.
- Knob Setting 8 – Speed will be around 42 MPH.
- Knob Setting 9 – Speed will be around 46 MPH.
- Knob Setting 10 – Speed will be around 50 MPH. Turn slightly past setting 10 for maximum speed of 52 MPH.
Guarantee & Warranty
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- One Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- We are so sure you’ll see results with your pitching machine that you’ll also receive a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 1-Year Parts And Labor Warranty so you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to win.