Table of Contents
Are you trying to improve your swing? Not sure which training aids are actually worth buying? The good news is, there are plenty of baseball swing trainers available to help improve your swing. This article will help you to find the best swing trainer for you.
The use of a baseball swing trainer is one of the best ways make the most of your practice. We have compiled a list of the best baseball swing training Equipment so you can up your batting average.
Swing Mechanics and muscle memory are the leading factors to help players improve power and contacts. All of the baseball swing trainers on our list can easily be used at home for countless repetitions which will show come game time.
Here at pitching machine sale, we are huge advocates for immediate feedback which is why we recommend baseball swing training equipment that does just that. You may only have access to a hitting coach 1-2 hours a week. Being able to know the practice hours you are putting in at home is correct is vital.
The 5 Baseball swing trainers below will all give instant feedback on your swing, and you will know that those long hours or training are not going to waste!
1. SKLZ Hurricane Category 4 Baseball Swing Trainer
SKLZ is one of the leading providers of baseball swing trainers and the Hurricane Category 4 is the best they have to offer. The Hurricane is one of only a handful of batting trainers that will give you instant feedback on the power of your hit.
The SKLZ Hurricane uses a 4 resistant band system that will change how much the ball rotates around the system after contact. As you grow as a hitter, you can increase the resistance to gauge you power.
Along with resistance, you will also get instant feedback on your contact. The ball is attached to a semi flexible rod. If the ball flies up off the barrel, you know that you were under the ball. If you get on top of the ball, you will see the ball travel down initially.
A big reason why we like the Hurricane Swing trainer is because it allows you to practice hit balls in different parts of the zone. The height can be adjusted up/down and you can move to have it be an inside or outside pitch.
What sets the Hurricane Category 4 Apart?
- Comes with an Adjustable Power Band System – The power band system makes the Hurricane one of the most durable swing trainers. It allows for consistent ball speed returns.
- Real Baseball Look – While the head of the Hurricane is not an actual baseball, it has the same look and feel.
- Anti-Dent Head – The anti-dent head protects your bat from scratches and dings.
- Adjustable Height – You can easily adjust the height of the Hurricane anywhere from 23” to 38”.
- Static or Dynamic – You can use it either in static mode or with the ball moving quickly at you, simulating an actual pitch.
- Adjust the Ball Return Speed – The Hurricane comes with four different types of bands, from light to heavy, that allows you to adjust the ball return speed.
2. Swingrail Swing Trainer
The Swingrail has become a popular training tool, even by professional baseball players. Cody Bellinger, the star player for the Los Angeles Dodgers, uses the Swingrail and it gets his endorsement.
He compliments the Swingrail for helping him improve his swing path. That is exactly what the Swingrail was made for. It keeps your swing on the right track and your hands in a perfect position to the ball.
Swing path is one of the most talked about topic when it comes to hitting. When hitting off of fast pitchers, the difference between making contact and missing the ball completely is just a fraction of a second.
If you are not moving the bat to and through the zone effectively, you will start to struggle when facing faster pitches.
Take a look at the video below. The Swingrail Trainer is one of the easiest swing trainers to use. Players can practice repetitions without even using a ball.
You can pair the Swingrail Swing Trainer with one of our batting tees and take your practice to the next level. Once you have mastered that, you can even move to using the Swingrail in live BP.
Top Benefits of the Swingrail
- Perfecting your Swing – The Swingrail makes you keep your hands in and not extend too early.
- Reduce Casting – The Swingrail keeps your hands locked into the right position as you start the swing. This will help to prevent casting the barrel to early as you start your swing.
- Maximize Power – By reducing casting and releasing your stored energy to early, you will maximize you swing speed through the zone. The faster your bat is traveling through the zone, the further the ball is going to fly!
- Muscle memory – One of the most important parts of having a great swing is consistency. It won’t help you much if your swing is only on point some of the time. The Swingrail allows you to train your swing time after time and get the muscle memory needed to carry it over to the big game.
- Instructional Videos – Swingrail includes 15 instructional videos with your purchase to help your swing even further. Instructional videos are the best way to get the most out of your baseball swing training equipment.
3. SKLZ Hit-A-Way Swing Trainer
SKLZ earned a second spot on our top baseball swing trainer list. While we believe the Hurricane is worth the additional money, the Hit-a-Way is still a great option.
Many high school and collegiate baseball players use the Hit-A-Way to get some quick and easy swings in during practice or before a game. While the Hit-A-Way looks like a very simple setup, it has many great benefits.
Repetition is one of the main ways to become better as a hitter. Being able to hit hundreds or thousands of balls on your own without relying on pitchers to throw to you is a main reason why the SKLZ Hit away is one of the best pieces of baseball swing training Equipment.
Why use the SKLZ Hit-A-Way Swing Trainer
- Quick & Easy Setup – The Hit-A-Way sets up in only a minute or two. Quicker than most training systems.
- Allows for a lot of Repetition – You will be able to perform upwards of 500 swings an hour.
- Lightweight – Looking to have a baseball swing trainer that you can easily transport? The SKLZ Hit-A-Way weighs only 35 pounds, which makes it quite easy to transport.
- Increased Timing – With this hitting trainer, timing is the main focus. You have to be able to wait on the ball and square up the barrel at the perfect time.
- Hand Eye Coordination – The Hit-A-Way Baseball Training Aid is used as a moving target for hitters. Along with timing aspect, because the ball is moving, batting will be working on their contact as well. The Hit-A -Way gives immediate feedback on the contact of each hit by how hard the ball flies around the pole and whether or not it wraps around straight or not.
4. The Insider Bat Baseball Swing Trainer
The Insider Bat Baseball/Softball Training Aid is perfect for practicing at home. Improper swing mechanics can greatly reduce power and make fastest pitches difficult to hit. The Insider Bat training aid will help to promote a proper swing path through the ball.
A major issue with batters is casting the barrel to early in the swing. This leads to a lower swing speed and not being able to keep catch up to the ball.
The Insider Bat Baseball Swing Trainer will promote leading the swing with the nob of the bat and squaring up the barrel through the zone. The easy-to-follow drills can be done at home and Insider Bat has a huge library or instruction videos on how to make the most out of your training.
When using any baseball Swing training equipment, if it always important to find as many instruction videos as you can. Making sure to use a swing trainer correctly will only help you more.
Check out Insider Bat’s entire library of instructional videos.
Why You Should Use The Insider Bat?
- Swing Path – Like the Swingrail Trainer, the Insider Bat Trainer focuses on promoting a good swing path to the ball.
- Optimizing the hitting zone – it no secret that hitters want their barrel to be squared up for as long as possible through the zone. With this Baseball Swing Trainer, you are forced to square up the barrel and hit the sweet spot every time.
- Reduce Casting – Casting is an issue that plagues little leaguers all the way to major league hitters. Casting the barrel early in the swing or rotating the hands early can be detrimental to making solid contact with the ball.
5. Linedrive Pro Swing Trainer For Baseball
The Linedrive Pro’s baseball Swing trainer is a simple yet effective training aid. The Linedrive pro provides instant feedback on swing mechanics.
With a bat, the Linedrive Pro and a backstop, you can easily train anywhere. The Linedrive Pro Baseball Swinging Aid uses regulation size tennis balls that you can pick up at any local sporting goods store (three tennis balls included)
Each and every swing will help you to know whether or not you are effectively swinging through the zone. If the ball travels straight out of the Linedrive Baseball Swing Trainer, you know you are releasing at the right time and the barrel is moving through the zone correctly.
If the ball where to travel right (right-handed batter), you are most likely dragging your hands through the zone. On the other hand, if the ball travels left, this could be caused by rolling your hands and opening up the hips to early.
With each and every swing, you will get feedback and be able to make the necessary adjustments to correct you mistakes. I am a huge fan of training aids that give instant feedback and can be used at home or at the ballfield on your own time.
Why should you use the Linedrive Pro?
- Develop hand-eye coordination – Many of the swing trainers allow you to simulate an actual pitch. This allows you to work on your hand-eye coordination.
- Muscle Memory – It is important to practice how you want to play the game. Getting the muscle memory of your perfect swing is important so you can carry that on over to game action.
- Swing Path – In today’s game, the swing path is a huge topic. Some players play for base hits, while others are swinging for the fences. Baseball hitting trainers give you a chance to correct your swing path to fit your playing style.
- Practice Static or Moving – Most of the baseball swing trainers on the list allow you practice with the ball moving and also stationary. Sometimes it is important to slow things down and practice with the ball sitting still. This gives hitters a chance to slow their approach down and get it right. When they get back to the basics and perfect their swing, then they can turn it up a notch.
- Increase Smash Factor – Having a fast bat speed and solid contact are important factors in generating power, but you could be losing vital distance by not making contact when your bat is moving the fastest. The Linedrive Baseball Training Aid helps to ensure that you are releasing at the right time and your bat will be making contact with the ball when the barrel is squared up and moving at its fastest. This will result is harder line drives and more home runs!
Our Conclusion On Baseball Swing Training Equipment
There are tons of options available for taking your game to the next level. We do believe that a baseball swing trainer can help you to improve your game while at home or at the ball field. These swing trainers are not going to instantly change your performance, but it you use them consistently, the improvement to your game will come.
Ultimately, becoming a better ball player is up to you! Using baseball swing training equipment is just one piece of the puzzle to becoming an elite player.